Saturday, June 9, 2012

crocheted crocodile stitch flower tutorial

I realized that my previous instructions for the flower and pincushion needed some help..  I had a bit of yarn left over so I decided to make another flower and photograph as I went along..  First, though, I wrote up the pattern so it's easier to follow - I hope...
 I used smaller yarn for the center.  I used a 2.5 mm hook.


 for the flower, I used a larger yarn and a 3.0 mm hook.  The photos start with the end of row 3 - showing how to do row 4.
                                                            Starting Row 4












                          In case your wondering, the stitch used for the petals is called the crocodile stitch.


you might notice that my finished flower only has 7 petals while the instructions have you make 10 (or 11... I don't know how that happened..).. I didn't have enough yarn to make all the petals so I reduced row 1 to 7  (dc, ch 1)'s.  All the other rows are the same.  For the center I just eliminated row 4.    I think I like the 7 petal version better than the 11 petal one....



No comments:

Post a Comment